Barriers to Personalisation
There are many reasons why brands are still not adopting personalisation strategies or not doing it better.
A lot of the reasons are down to internal challenges that can often be simply resolved by involving an agency partner with experience in personalisation across the board.
How many of the following barriers to personalisation ring true for your organisation?
- Lack of resource – you don't have enough people to deliver personalised marketing well
- Time – you have little to no time allocated to enable you to incorporate personalisation into operations or deliver the additional content required to make it a success
- Money – little or no budget to invest in people, training, and technology to deliver personalisation efforts
- Skills – you don't have the right skills in the team to plan and run a personalisation programme
- Ineffective strategy – there's either no strategy, or you have an ineffective strategy, to deliver personalised experiences properly across all customer touch-points
- Segmentation – your strategy is based on very broad customer segment criteria that makes individualised personalisation difficult
- Lack of knowledge – within your organisation, you have little experience of how to deliver a successful personalised marketing strategy
- Not having the right technology – you don't have the right systems, software, or marketing technology stack (that works together seamlessly) to activate personalisation
- Legacy technology – old systems can often be incompatible with new platforms and provide difficulties when it comes to delivering truly personalised communications
- Data collection – you're not collecting enough or the right data, which means you're unable to gather the right insights and make the right decisions
- Disparate data sources – without a joined up view of customer behaviour and interests, it become difficult to deliver a seamless, personalised experience across all touch-points
- Internal support and co-operation – if you don't have buy-in from the top, and throughout your organisation, it will be extremely challenging to make the necessary changes to deliver successful personalisation
- Old-school ways of thinking – some organisations struggle to modernise and don’t understand new technology - this can make adoption slow and misunderstood
- Ways of working – if personalisation isn't a factor in your over-arching business and customer experience roadmap, it won't be incorporated in strategic planning - as a result, it won't be reflected in the ways of working between different teams
How DCX can help
From customer communications to websites and digital experience platforms to customer service initiatives and beyond, we’ve been delivering successful personalised marketing programmes for organisations for over 20 years.
Our digital experience consultants have helped numerous clients embrace the power of personalisation to drive improved customer experiences and increases in conversions and revenue.
With a strategy in place, buy-in across the organisation, and the right technology at your fingertips, advanced personalisation – delivering the right content to the right customers, at the right time, in the right place, in real-time, across multiple channels – is completely possible.
We can help. Get in touch with us to learn how!