We have multiple projects with varying technology stacks, however the front-end will likely involve either Angular or React single-page applications or CMS-powered websites (headless, decoupled or server-rendered).
Your day-to-day work will include: front-end solution design and web development in a variety of modern technologies, working in a pair programming model, writing clean, lean, testable and well-documented code, collaborating with the wider team including Quality Analysts and Project Managers in an Agile model.
You will be reporting directly to the Front-end Lead.
- Building and integrating new front-end applications.
- Work with existing projects in order to scale, maintain, and improve their functionality.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionalities of current and new projects.
- Writing tests for your code, keeping to best standards, and working in a CI/CD environment.
- Working with the cross-functional development team to spread knowledge and develop resources.
- You will be expected to fit into an existing team and hit the ground running.
- Keeping to a delivery schedule for projects.
What we're looking for
- Knowledge of core web technologies, principles, and best practices, not just frameworks (i.e. an ability to work with basic vanilla JS/TS on occasion).
- Good experience with modern front-end tooling - style pre/post processors, package managers, linters, packaging/deployment tools etc.
- Experience in Angular or React, with a willingness to work with both
experience with integrating RESTful APIs into dynamic UIs
- A solid understanding of TDD and best practices across unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Good English and communication skills
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git
- A sensitivity to quality benchmarks such as usability, accessibility, validity, performance, and SEO
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
Not strictly required but a big plus...
- Personal decoupled / headless CMS methodologies
- Working in an Agile environment
virtualised and / or containerised local development
- Cypress end-to-end testing
basic CI/CD with pipelines as code and DevOps concepts
- CMS front-end development, in particular, Drupal
- .Net framework / Microsoft technologies